1. Home
  2. Elected Officials
    1. Assessor
    2. Clerk Auditor
    3. Commissioners
    4. Coroner
    5. Prosecutor
    6. Sheriff
    7. Treasurer
  3. Departments
  4. Contact Us
User Menu Search

Veterans Services

Lewiston Veterans Administration
Outpatient Medical Clinic
1630 23rd Avenue, Building 2
Lewiston, 1D 83501
Ph: 208-746-7784
Fax: 208-798-8652

Walla Walla VA Medical Center
77 Wainwright Drive
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Toll-free: 888-687-8863

Spokane VA Medical Center
North 4815 Assembly Street
Spokane, WA 99208
Toll-free: 800-325-7940

Idaho State Veterans Home
821 21st Avenue
Lewiston, ID 83501
Veteran Service Officers - help with claims and applications:
Bob Cooper & Joe Riener
E-mail Bob
E-mail Joe
Ph: 208-750-3690
Fax: 208-750-3691

Veterans Employment Assistance
1158 Idaho Street
Lewiston, ID 83501
Don Erickson, DVOP
E-mail Don
Ph: 208-799-5000 ext. 3526
Fax: 208-799-5007

Veterans Administration Regional Office - claim info/assistance
Boise, ID or Seattle, WA
Boise Regional Office
Seattle Regional Office
Toll-free: 800-827-1000

In My Area
A website for Veterans to find resources
In My Area website


Benefit Information

Veterans disabled by an injury or illness that was incurred or aggravated during active military service are eligible for service-connected disability compensation.

Wartime veterans who are permanently and totally disabled or age 65 and older, and are below established income limits, are eligible for disability pension. If that veteran is housebound or requires skilled nursing care, they could be eligible for pension with higher income limits.

Surviving spouses of veterans whose service-connected disability caused the veterans death are eligible for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation.

Surviving spouses of wartime veterans who are below established income limits are eligible for survivors death pension benefits. If housebound or in need of skilled nursing care, they could be eligible for pension with higher income limits.

Eligibility for veterans to receive medical care is NOT based on wartime service and they do NOT have to have a service-connected disability. Veterans without a service-connected disability can qualify under an income/asset evaluation and can agree to pay a small co-payment for services, if necessary.


Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2023 by Nez Perce County
Back To Top